Auvergne is an ideal region for escaping the trials of daily life. The lovely countryside with its 80 ‘puys’ (extinguished volcanoes) is a true paradise for sports enthusiasts, motor cyclists, ramblers and anglers, or for simply spending your time quietly relaxing.
Places of interest:
- Gorges de Sioule, for swimming, canoeing, donkey trips, balloon flights, castles and giant waterfalls.
- The places to go for shopping are Montluçon, Clermont-Ferrand, Riom and Vichy.
- The largest oak forest: La Forêt de Troncais.
- Various sheep farms where you can buy delicious cheese.
- Spas / Massage facilities in Neris les Bain: Les Nèriades
(zoo / theme park)
(one of the youngest volcanoes in Auvergne’s Massif Central)
(well known for its cheese)
(producer of France’s best known knives)
(3 star restaurant)
(information on the Auvergne region)